"The literary equivalent of an acid trip." -jedi_raptor07

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Eventually? Garlic Stew

This'll be a short post, but I promise a bigger post is coming up.

I've always wanted to leave a post cut off, for some reason. You know, in the middle of something important. Or just randomly, in the middle of a paragraph. It shall be a goal of mine. Wait, I already did that. Dang, I need another idea for a goal now! I know! My goal is now to convince my dad to let me build a hydrogen-powered squirt gun. Sounds dangerous, doesn't it?

Swiss cheese...for some reason, I have "Ragtime" stuck in my head. It keeps playing the same part of a song over and over and over and over and over again. Maybe I'll go listen to "Beyond the Sea" now...haven't listened to that in a while.

Today in school, we had PSSA's. We got to write an essay in an hour. I just had a very entertaining conversation with Tim. Here it is, with his permission (of course):

Jeffrey: Or so you think!
See, it all boils down to a pot of garlic and salt.
Then you wonder, what could possible boil down to garlic and salt?

Tim: Indeed.

Jeffrey: And the answer to that, my friend, is a garlic stew with salt in it.
Water, garlic, and salt.
That's all that's in the stew.

Tim: Indeed.

Jeffrey: Then you boil it, and all you have is garlic and salt.
And you sit there, wondering, why on Earth did I make a garlic stew?
Unfortunately, there is an answer.
The problem is that it's on Mars.

Tim: You know, if someone else said any of this, I'd probably think you were either drunk, or on something.

Jeffrey: How to get to Mars, written by the extreme Space explorer Arthur Dent.

Tim: However, you're jeff.

Jeffrey: That's the book - I'm going for that effect - I'll be using, you think.

Tim: So that makes you different.
Are you going to tell me anything revelvant?

Jeffrey: To get to Mars so that you find the answer.
Nope.

Tim: At all.

Jeffrey: Eventually, you get to Mars.

Tim: Okay.

Jeffrey: You find out that the answer lies deep within the surface.

Tim: I've already been there.

Jeffrey: You ask yourself if you have drilling equipment,

Tim: I found the answer already.

Jeffrey: but all you really need is a shovel and a dime.

Tim: I know.

Jeffrey: A two faced dime, to be precise.
A two faced dime to feed the angry demon that lurks beneath Mars' surface.

Tim: Okay.

Jeffrey: Once you feed it the dime, you finally get to the Oracle of Delphi.

Tim: Okay.

Jeffrey: Who was thought to have died, but really just moved to Mars.

Tim: I've done that already.

Jeffrey: Then, you ask it.
The question.
Why did I make a garlic stew with salt in it?

Tim: She wouldn't tell me the answer, so I had to use the shovel and *the wall *

Jeffrey: The Oracle then answers.
The answer, however, is encrypted.
In Greek, of course.
So, you record the answer.
With your tape recorder.

Tim: I decrypticed it allready.

Jeffrey: And then you bring it down to Earth.

Tim: Where'd you get a tape recorder?

Jeffrey: Unfortunately, this is where your journy ends.

Tim: You only had a shovel and the dime.

Jeffrey: For while traveling at high speeds, you opened a Time warp.
But wait! It leads straight to Ancient Greece!
You are saved! You land on Earth.

Tim: You really ought to write science fiction...

Jeffrey: Smashing into the once-grand Stone Henge.
You finally travel from Europe to Greece.

Tim: I'm so putting this in my musical.

Jeffrey: There, you meet that same Oracle again.

Tim: Wow.

Jeffrey: You ask it again, in English.
The Oracle responds in Greek.

Tim: Figures.

Jeffrey: But wait! The aliens that posed as the Greek gods come down to you.
They have a translator.
You ask if you can borrow it, but they ask for your Time travel device.

Tim: Do they use it?
The Goa'uld don't seem the type who'd helo you for free...

Jeffrey: You explain to them it was all a mistake.
Finally, the return up to the sky.
You follow them in your ship.
They blast you out of the sky and into another dimension.

Tim: Sigh...
All for some garlic stew.

Jeffrey: Flying through different dimensions, you finally stop spinning.
You find yourself on a planet.
This planet has no ocean, though.
Instead, it is made of...
garlic stew.
With salt.

Tim: So?
GAH!

Jeffrey: You scream, falling down to the ground.
This is the where you die from starvation, refusing to eat this evil stew that torments you.
The end.

Interesting conversation, isn't it? Well, I thought this wouldn't be a long post, but that conversation took up quite a bit of room, didn't it? Anyyaw, bye for now!

5 Comments:

Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was fun. Especially ur conversation. You completely ignored Tim the entire time. Although, i expect you already know this and that is why you posted it, because that is what makes the story funny. That and garlic. But thats ok. I'm just restating the obvious. b/c i don't want to do hw.

the end.

5:39 PM, February 15, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm... nobody comments here... does that make you sad? don't worry. you'll become as popular as sam eventually..........

9:28 PM, February 16, 2006

 
Comments Blogger Frances said...

Jeff. . .sometimes I worry about you. . .
~Frances =)

5:02 PM, February 17, 2006

 
Comments Blogger Unknown said...

That was . . . interesting. Hahaha, I needed a good laugh and that certainly gave me one. XD

2:29 PM, February 18, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U R BOTH INSANE! (by both I mean Jeffry and Tim)

8:27 PM, February 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home