"The literary equivalent of an acid trip." -jedi_raptor07

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Let's see...

I've realized it's rather hard after a while to come up with random things that you, our audience, will enjoy. That's why there's been a lack of posts.

Turtlenecks are evil. I thought I'd mention that.

Ties are evil, too. You know, ties were originally designed so that if you spilled food, your shirt wouldn't get ruined. They were sort of like napkins. Something happened, though: the designs on ties began to be more elaborate and thus the cost rose. It soared on above the cost of a shirt, so people didn't want to get either their tie or the shirt dirty with food. At least, that's what someone told me. But they are evil! They choke you to death!

Sony computers...They're evil as well.

A rooster lays an egg on the top edge of a pointed roof. Which way does it fall? (Down is not accepted, though it is a clever answer)

Riddles are fun. "This thing all things devours
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers
Gnaws iron, bites steel,
Grinds hard stones to meal,
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down!"
Bonus points if you can tell us what book that's from. Hint: I didn't like it and never finished it. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much detail.

The ants invaded my back yard earlier this month. I don't know why, but the spray didn't work very well. I wanted to use rum and a match, but my dad said "But there's wood out there!" I don't know...I think the wood would make it an even bigger spectacle. So, later that week, the ants invaded my school. Or, at least, they tried. They are really tiny, and there are a lot of students in my school...BANG! POWER! SMASH! All that was left were little smears of black by the end of the day.

I have to mezmorize Costello's part for "Who's On First". Remind me to do that sometime.

I was watching Doctor Who last week and heard the funniest quote. Forgive me if it's not word for word. D = Doctor, O = Other Person I Forget

O: But doesn't it stand out? [in reference to the police box]
D: What do you do when you see an odd blue box in the middle of the street? Walk past it. Now, come on!

That cracked me up.

"Aspects of Love" has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much repetition in it's music. I swear, there's only about 5 tunes used in the entire 2 hour-or-so show.

Three day weekend...I have to finish all my homework now. And AAAAAAAAAAH! to those in charge of G&D who haven't given us a call yet. IT'S TORTURE, I TELL YOU!

7 Comments:

Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

I chickened out on the rooster riddle...

From the Hobbit; Gollum says the riddle to Bilbo

11:14 AM, May 28, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

rooster riddle = it can't lay eggs, it's a chicken

and idk the answer to the other one however i was going to guess LOTR because i never finished that book, as i also thought it had wayyy 2 much detail. i finished the hobbit tho. i think i read it in 3rd or 4th grade, so i can't remember tooooo much about it...

1:09 PM, May 28, 2006

 
Comments Blogger Tim said...

The answer to the riddle is time. It's from The Hobbit.

3:47 PM, May 28, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh... it could've been "Wind" too.

6:43 PM, May 28, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gr... You all beat me! I'm the resident LoTR/The Hobbit nerd, so it angers me that I couldn't show off. Hm... other than that, I got better Elton John glasses! Nobody knows what I'm talking about. And no, it's not a riddle. Sheesh, leave me alone, already.

7:44 PM, May 28, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff, remember to memorize costello's lines.

Thank a Veteran.

2:15 PM, May 29, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

certain BLUE/RED ties are evil too!

4:35 PM, May 29, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home