"The literary equivalent of an acid trip." -jedi_raptor07

Saturday, April 29, 2006

What if...?

What if instead of eating, we had to exercise or work out? Now, what if, to exercise, we had to eat? Wouldn't that be just plain weird?

I've been thinking a lot lately about various things, such as limos, lima beans, limes, limbo, etc. Limos are very cool. I've only been in one once, though, and that was when my grandmother died. Not the happiest time, but the limo was still cool. Lima beans don't seem to be a very popular vegetable. I don't know why, either. I like them, especially when they're cooked and with spices on them! Then again, when they're cooked they lose most of the nutrients...limes. I once had a drink called "Limeade". It was a mix of lemonade and lime juice. Despite sounding horrible, it was actually quite good. Limbo...I don't know why I wrote down limbo, I think it was just to go with the "lim" theme.

I heard the funniest speech at a Bat Mitzvah today. As you may or may not know, at my synagogue the parents write a speech about their kids after the B'nai Mitzvah says theirs. The mom went first in this one and cried halfway through it (tears of joy, not sadness). The dad went next. His speech consisted of something like the follwing: "The Rabbi told us we should keep the speeches to 90 seconds or so. My wife has taken 3 minutes, without the crying, so I'll have to keep my speech brief, direct, and to the point. Fill in the blanks for yourself. (Edited Out Name for Privacy). Insert embarrasing anecdote here, admirable qualities, short paragraph on how much work you did, congratulations. The end." He then walked off the beama. It was hilarious!

The Tuskegee Airmen are a boring topic. Don't do a project on them.

Do you like them in a boat?
Would you like them with a tote?
How long do you think I'll rhyme?
As long as words exist like chime?
I doubt I'll do this much more.
After all, it's quite a bore.

That is my poem of the day. As for my poem of the week, month, season, and year, well, they never existed and won't ever be made. Unless I feel like it.

Microphones seem to be the bane of non-Broadway shows. No, they seem to be the bane of Broadway shows, too. To keep it simple, mics seem to be the bane of all shows. Many a show has been worsened by the fact that a microphone does not work. For example, in You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, the mics were awful...so awful, we had to go through the second act without them. In The Phantom of the Opera, when I saw it on Broadway, Christine's mic was acting up...she'd be loud, then soft, then loud, then soft, then loud, then louder...well, you get the point. Many of 'Stoga's shows have also been worsened by bad mics...I could barely hear some of the things they were singing during their production of Evita! I could go into more detail, but I shant.

I don't think people realize that if you can ask someone if you're insane, you most likely aren't.

Paper towels will waste away all the trees in our world. So will napkins. And paper, too. And pencils. Have you seen how much paper and wood is used in the world? There's a lot. Just look around your computer and count how many items are made from trees. Huh. I think I missed Tu BiSh'vat...

Let me ask you this. What kind of creature would evolve so that its own immune system attacks itself? I'll let you ponder on that for a while while I wait until TV Turn Off Week is over so that Maeve can post a post here.

5 Comments:

Comments Blogger Tim said...

Interesting...

8:36 PM, April 29, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahah! the bat mitzva.. hahahahaah!

4:58 PM, April 30, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

WT*!!!!!!!

HOW CAN THE TUSKEGEE AIRMEN BE BORING?!?!?!?! THEY WERE THE FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN FIGHTER SQUADRON IN THE USAAC (LATER USAF) FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! HOW CAN THAT BE BORING?!?

7:18 PM, May 01, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahha microphones...but the next day they worked fine...heh heh

8:42 PM, May 01, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Custom Disposable Camera

6:32 AM, May 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home