"The literary equivalent of an acid trip." -jedi_raptor07

Friday, July 21, 2006

Globalization and its Financial Implications

I shall now use a technique I learned in my days as a Navy Seal.
"The only easy day was yesterday!"
Do you feel either inspired, encouraged, intimidated, or like you need a good banana split? No! The answer is wood chips = the hand of destiny. You must not be very good at math.

If I say, "on a different note" it would imply that what came before had a note. If it did, it must have come from a rusty clarinet. Instead, I will say, "I have made a titanic discovery!" This is both intriguing and misleading, since I didn't actually discover anything, and what I found out had to do with tiny things. Have you ever wondered where baby corn comes from? If not, read anyway. If you already know, read anyway. I am very excited about this, and I intend to get some recognition. Baby corn is actually grown from the seeds of corn varieties that grow to full size. The corn is harvested before it reaches maturity. Since this must be done by hand, most of the US's supply of said miniature vegetable comes from Asia. Americans are obviously too lazy to pick the corn themselves.

Bayonets are silly. If you're too far away, shoot the jerks. If you're at close range, it's still a good tactic. Who wants to go through the trouble of goring the other guy, pulling the sword-type-bit out of his bleeding corpse, and then going about the rest of the battle? It's true you have to prepare the gun powder and everything, but I guarantee you get better results with a bullet than a pointy thing. Also, what if the enemy crept up behind you while you were trying to get the sword out, and were having some difficulty? If that enemy had any sense, he would just shoot you, and not bother goring you like you did to that first guy. If the enemy did run you through with the sword, though, and it got stuck, someone else might come up and run him through, and so on. Eventually, there would be one long carnal shish kabob flopping around. Gross. Also, say you were just carrying that bayonet around with you. You couldn't sheath is like a sword, or put it in a holster like a gun. You would have it strapped across your shoulders. Now, let's also say that just before the battle your squadron was sitting down to a picnic lunch. You unslung your bayonet and put it beside you so that you could eat your coleslaw properly. Finding that you finished before your comrades, you decided to watch the clouds drift by and think romantic thoughts for a while. You go to lie on your back, but instead lie right on your bayonet! Ouch! That ends any romantic thoughts that you might have for a while, especially because you also set the gun off as you lie down, shooting your friend Alf in the elbow. That is my enlightened argument against bayonets. And war is wrong. Remember that, too.

If I told you I'm not morbid you wouldn't believe me. I'm not though. I just wanted to illustrate my point that bayonets are silly. To expose my whimsical side, I give you this brilliant "Brain Oucher" that I borrowed from Benny of "How?" Ahem.

"Two trains leave the station at the same time. But they both topple on the tracks, because trains can't be on the same tracks at the same time at the same station. Where would they fit? So they topple. HA HA! Then they get up, dust themselves off, and follow each other in an orderly line. But one is going slow, and the other one is going fast. Guess what? The slower one is in front, and the faster one is behind, which means they run into each other and fall off again! HA HA! It is not their day! So they get back on the tracks again, and they go in opposite directions, and never see each other again. Okay, now knowing the information above, what kind of sandwich should I have for dinner?"

Ponder that, and the answer will be at the bottom of this post.

Rats. That means I need to come up with more to say to not make the answer too obvious for you cheaters. Oh, well. Here it is now.

Not yet.

...Now!

"Ostrich on Foccacia bread, hold the pickles."

Until next time, don't sit on any bayonets.
Eat some baby corn: support Thailand's economy.

5 Comments:

Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the mutant corn we had better.

2:09 PM, July 21, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

can do.

6:22 PM, July 21, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi.

8:12 PM, July 22, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, first, you can sheath bayonets. Secondly, The military still (sort of) uses bayonets; the standard-issue combat knife can be clipped under the barrel of then standard-issue M16 assault rifle. C.) bayonetts are not swords. They are long blades that are clipped to the end of rifle barrels. 4: you can shoot a rifle while the bayonet's attached. So, five, you can stick a guy with the bayonet and then shoot through him before you pull the sticker out (gross). And lastly, I know WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY too much about guns for anyone's good.

Sweeny Todd gives me the creeps.

10:39 AM, July 24, 2006

 
Comments Blogger Maeve said...

Well, it's not like I actually KNOW anything about bayonets. If I did, why the heck would I write an essay about them?

7:06 PM, July 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home