"The literary equivalent of an acid trip." -jedi_raptor07

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Boom!

The voice echoed eerily in the room. "2 minutes until self destruct sequence."

"Ha! Now you'll DIE!" He seemed confident and proud of his actions. Apparently blowing oneself up to destroy an enemy is good?

"But you'll die too, you moronic imbecile!" A look of shock flew over his face. Only he wouldn't realize the implications of a self destruct sequence. Oi. As he contemplated whether the action was stupid or not, I shoved him into the wall as I ran to the door. I looked left, then right, then left again. No doors, no way out. How did I get in? I walked around this corridor until I was hit by a beam of light. Looking up, I saw my way out.

I looked around for a ladder. Conveniently, there was one hanging on the wall. Presumably Hyde had put it there to leave the building. I moved the ladder into the proper position and climbed up. I found myself in a small corridor filled with mirrors. I quickly deduced that this was a mirror maze, no doubt part of some torture contraption he had made.

"One and a half minutes left until self destruct sequence," the voice echoed.

Bumping into all the mirrors, I couldn't find a way out. I found a pipe on the ground and started smashing the mirrors, hoping for a hidden exit. I smashed one mirror, then another, but on the third mirror, something happened I did not expect. The shadow of a man appeared on surrounding mirrors I had not destroyed. He apparently followed me. I smashed more mirrors, not wanting to meet the crazed man again. A doorway opened when I smashed one of the mirrors and I ran through it.

"One minute left until self destruct sequence," the voice said cheerily.

I ran through the dark room, as there was no light, until I smashed into a wall. I searched along the wall for some sort of door, but I couldn't find one.

"Thirty seconds left until self destruct sequence," the voice said, with a chuckle at the end.

I finally found a knob and I turned it and walked through the newly opened door. I closed my eyes as soon as I walked through, for I had walked right out into the bright daylight. I turned around to see the abandoned mansion from its back, and ran as fast as I could away from it. I ran faster and faster, when I suddenly stepped on something metal. It echoed a "Boing!" I could hear something being smothered by this metal. I put my ear to the metal and heard "8 seconds, 7 seconds, 6 seconds..." It snapped in my mind that the mansion expanded underground and I ran away from the metal. I could see in the corner of my eyes as I turned, though, that there was a hatch. Out of the hatch, he jumped up. I ran, but he caught up and tackled me. Throwing me down to the ground, he pulled a gun from inside his coat.

"And now, Sean, you die," he said with a smile on his face. He pointed the gun straight at my head.

"2 seconds, 1 second, self destruct sequence activated. Thanks for using 'Build Your Own Home Self Destruct Sequence!"

6 Comments:

Comments Blogger Tim said...

Wow.

Keep writing. I want to see how he gets out of this one.

6:08 PM, November 21, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was totally wicked!!!

i love it.

my dad's name is sean.

9:00 AM, November 22, 2006

 
Comments Blogger Raptor said...

So everyone dies. Typical.

11:34 AM, November 22, 2006

 
Comments Blogger Raptor said...

OH! I KNOW! Name the red fish Blue and the blue fish Red!

8:27 PM, November 23, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fish problem is simple:

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

10:17 AM, November 24, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought dr. seuss died....?

2:51 PM, November 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home