"The literary equivalent of an acid trip." -jedi_raptor07

Monday, December 25, 2006

Chinese Food and a Movie

Yes, I know it's been forever. I'm sorry that I haven't posted in awhile. I'm sorry Maeve hasn't posted in awhile. Maeve is too busy to care that either of us hasn't posted in awhile. I'm too busy to care that Maeve is too busy to care that either of us hasn't posted in awhile. ToddD is too lazy to care that I'm too busy to care that Maeve is too busy to care that either of us hasn't posted in awhile. I'm not sorry that we both haven't posted together in awhile, 'cause those things are really creepy. :-)

Note: The following is very stereotypical. I can get away with it 'cause I'm Jewish, so remember this isn't meant to insult.

Someone came up to me on Friday and said "What are you going to do on Monday? Eat Chinese and see a movie?" Truthfully, I responded "Yes." There was a pause. "Oh, I didn't realize you guys actually did that!"

I think the funniest thing about this is that most people pass this off as a stereotype (it is) and that it's not true. Well, the second part couldn't be more wrong. Obviously there are some Jews that don't go to Chinese food and see a movie (they're crazy) but I'll put it in perspective for you.

Last year, my family was walking into a Chinese restaurant. It was actually fairly busy. When we looked around to see who was in there, we saw almost half our synagogue there. Just for the heck of it, we went over to talk to some of them. The conversation:

"Hi!"
"Hi! How are you?"
"Good. [insert junk here] What are you doing today?"
"Oh, I thought that I'd see a movie."

I'm tempted to go in today and shout "Shalom!" and see how many people shout back. Now all we have to do is pick the movie...

6 Comments:

Comments Blogger Frances said...

Chinese food and a movie?
i'll read it later =P
i know you're jewish...but still merry christmas!
oh wait i'm 9 minutes late =P

12:10 AM, December 26, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psh. Jews.
:-)

1:36 AM, December 26, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once asked you what you were doing during Christmas day, and you replied Chinese food and a movie. Then you told a speech to me about why. Hee, whatever!

3:34 PM, December 26, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly never knew about that stereotype. Wow. Ya learn somthin' new every day!

5:00 PM, December 26, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psh. Christians.
:-)

9:31 PM, December 26, 2006

 
Comments Anonymous Anonymous said...

heehee

7:26 PM, December 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home